Monday, July 14, 2008

It's not easy being GREEN

TEN things I do in an effort to be GREEN
While researching things we could do to become more GREEN I've discovered we're off to a really good start. Here are ten GREEN things we're already implementing at the 'Nest':
  1. Change regular bulbs to CFL (Compact Fluorescent Bulbs)
  2. Use a programmable thermostat (and actually program it to reduce your energy bill)
  3. Recycling (we have TWO 35 gallon bins that we fill every week)
  4. FREECYCLE - give things away and keep them out of the landfill. Your JUNK really is another person's -- well -- let's call it JUNQUE
  5. Use reusable shopping bags (we have a few but need to get more)
  6. Only use washer when full (are they kidding??)
  7. Shower vs. Bath (who has time for a bath anyway?)
  8. Drive carefully and combine errands (reduces gas consumption and speeding tickets at the same time)
  9. Plant a tree (she's only a sapling but wants to do her part by providing shade for our home when she grows up)
  10. Fly Less (I can honestly say that I have ALWAYS done this) LOL

1 comment:

  1. lol @ the washer full bit...mine is always full, haha!!
    and going to TJs got me started on the reusable bags, so i've been using them at the supermarket as well.
    you're doing great :)

    ReplyDelete

Who am I?

My photo
I'm a SAHM of 4 kids living in the Chicago burbs and enjoying life!

Flashy Thingies

Background